Arts & Museums
Musée Marguerite-Bourgeoys Chapelle Notre-Dame-de-Bon-Secours
400 Saint Paul Street East
Montreal, QC H2Y 1H4
+1 514 282 8670
Recent archaeological excavations in the cellar of the Notre-Dame-du-Bonsecours Chapel
have unearthed the foundations of Montreal's first stone church, which was constructed by medical and educational pioneer Marguerite Bourgeoys in 1675. The museum, located at the back of the chapel, contains several exhibition rooms devoted to the history of the city, the chapel and to the story of Marguerite Bourgeoys, a nun credited with establishing the first hospitals in Quebec.