Quality Hotel Coventry
Coventry, EN CV5 9BA
Phone: (44) 24 76403835
Fax: (44) 24 76403081
Birmingham Rd, Coventry, EN, GB, CV5 9BA
- Phone: (44) 24 76403835
- Fax: (44) 24 76403081
Evolved as a common wasteland, the Hearsall Common was designated as a public recreation space in 1927. This massive stretch of green is used by the locals as a playground, a cycle track, a Local Nature Reserve and an open air event venue.
This medieval heritage has documentary evidences dating back to 1344. St. John the Baptist Church is housed in one of the ancient structures of the city that serve historic significance.
Located within the Packington Estate, St James' Church is a private chapel that was erected in 1789 to commemorate King George III's recovery from insanity. Rather unusual in design, the church has a square plan with a turret at each corner each topped with a finial. This neo-classical style building has retained much of its original appearance across the years and has been designated a Grade I listed heritage building. While the church itself is well worth the visit, contained within is a rare specimen of an 18th-century organ, constructed in 1749 by Handel. Occasional services are events are held at the church, however it does not belong to any parish. Visitors are welcome, however the church can only be accessed by prior arrangement so be sure to contact the estate office before planning a visit,
Built in the 1100s, the church of St. Mary Magdalene is the city's oldest building, and still boasts much of its original Norman architectural features. Inside you will find a number of rare treasures, including the stone font which was fabricated from a single block, a 15th-century wall painting, and some fine 19th-cenury stained glass windows. With so many delightful features housed within this little church, St Mary's still maintains an air of welcoming warmth as it continues to serve its congregation the community as a whole.
St Bartholomew's Church is situated on Brinklow Road in Coventry city, West Midlands, England. Built between the years 1771 and 1773, this cathedral was erected for Earl of Craven belonging to Coombe Abbey, located nearby. St Bartholomew's Church has a monthly structure for its Sunday services. It uses Common Worship for its Holy Communion Services. The church has several interactive activities for children, adults and youth. For small kids, the Jerry Tots stage & play team offers an engaging environment for kids, their parents as well as grandparents or their caretakers. Adults with common hobbies gather in the church on every 2nd and 4th Tuesday of the month between 1p to 3p.
National Motorcycle Museum houses a collection of over 700 veteran and unusual motorcycles and memorabilia from the 19th and 20th centuries. Unsurprisingly, this is a fascinating place for both children and adults to learn about the history of an industry which once dominated the world. Conference facilities and seminar rooms are also available and various exhibitions (other than of motorcycles) are held here too, like November's Doll & Teddy Fair. The venue is located opposite the NEC and offers easy access to the M42.
Arbury Hall is an Elizabethan mansion that has been in the Newdigate family since 1586. In Victorian times, the house was adapted to the Gothic style and nowadays it is admired for its striking Gothic architecture which includes examples of fan vaulting and filigree tracery. Arbury also has fine collections of glass, china, paintings and furniture.
Believed to have been built by the famed Knights of Templar, St Mary's Church, Temple Balsall, was built in the 13th Century in the style prevalent at that time. However, the massive restoration works conducted in 1849 have left their mark on the fabric of the church. Home to a number of fine architectural details, rich stained glass work and a small, but lovely pipe organ, the church is sure to hold your attention while its warm and lively congregation wins your heart. Apart from regular services, the church also supports a number of community oriented groups and charities.
This place may be a complex center of activity, but it stays true to it's simple message, to continue the initiative of rural excellence. Seeking to strengthen the countryside of Britain, Stoneleigh Park brings together all facets of life to one area. With dynamic sectors housing business halls, an equestrian center, food markets, and an exhibition venue, this location seeks to unite the local rural economy under a common banner. With lodging nearby, this area is a great getaway.For more details, call ahead on the toll free number +44 844 847 6685
Located in the peaceful area of Stockingford, St Paul's Church is an Anglican parish church, and also a part of the Diocese of Coventry. The foundation stone was erected in 1822 with nave and tower and subsequent additions were made to the church. The beautiful Gothic revival style chancel was added in the year 1897. There are many notable features which were enhanced during its renovations and alterations time. The memorial for the people who died during First World War and Second World War is worth visiting in the church. Visit the website for more details.
A sizeable and very pleasant park on the south eastern outskirts of the city, Elmdon Park has mature trees, a good playground for children and a lake. Bird watchers will be interested to know that winter visitors are often seen here, and as it is fairly close to the Airport. It is the only place in the region where it is possible to go bird watching and plane spotting at the same time.
A beautiful church that was built as a result of a growing population of miners in the area between 1920 to 1948. St Anne's Church was established in 1948 when it was a parish church for the western side of Nuneaton and has become a popular christian place of worship for the locals. The current structure of the building was built in 2000 and has been well maintained since then. The church holds a number events and regular activities every week along with its regular services. Visit their website to know more on the schedules of the services and other activities.