2101 Hwy. 72 West
Corinth, MS 38834
Phone: (662) 287-4421
Fax: (662) 286-9535
Site where railroads intersected, giving Corinth strategic importance during the Civil War.
This site marks the spot where Confederate cavalry defeated Union troops and forced a retreat to Memphis.
On April 6 & 7, 1862, thousands of Civil War troops fought on 4,200 acres near Pittsburgh Landing in the first major battle in the western theater. Hundreds of monuments, cannons, and historic markers can be found here. A 10-mile self-guided driving tour begins at the Visitors Center, which features a 25-minute orientation film.
A system of fortifications built in Corinth by the Federal and Cofederate armies and recognized as National Historic Landmarks.
This state- of- the- art center traces Corinth's history regarding the Civil War and the aftermath of rebuilding with two films and several interactive exhibits.
Originally an 1850's saloon, this interesting building has served as a jewelry store since 1865. Be sure to notice the original pressed tin ceiling and the wall murals painted by Ernst Waits in 1925.
One of the 16 National Historical Landmarks in Corinth, this Mississippi landmark once served as headquarters for a number of Confederate Generals and features 16 foot ceilings, ornate plasterwork, and period furnishings throughout the house.
Opened in 1865, Borroum's is the oldest continuously operated drug store in Mississippi. Its soda fountain offers such favorites as ice cream sodas, malts, hamburgers, and sandwiches.
Registered on the National Register of Historic Places, this Mississippi Landmark was built in 1924. The elegand and elaborate interior is a sight to see. The history of the building includes Vaudeville performances and one of the first motion picture shows in the area.
Built by the Federal Army following the Siege of Corinth, this historic site was the site of fierce fighting during the Battle of Corinth and is open daily from dawn to dusk.
The Corinth Cemetery was built in 1866. Designed in a Dutch colonial style, its square layout features double gates of ornamental iron and a verdant grassy circle on which cemetery's flagpole in hoisted. It is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
The Shiloh National Military Park is a park that is an important landmark of Hardin County, Tennessee. It conserves the Shiloh and Corinth battle grounds that were a part of the Civil War. Here, you can avail the audio tour that is very informative and detail-oriented.