+353 21 496 6222
Overlooking the river Lee, Cork City Hall was opened in 1936, replacing the previous structure which was burned down in 1920. The six limestone Tuscan pillars and copper-domed clock tower are a particularly impressive sight after dark. The limestone used comes from nearby Little Island. City Hall houses Cork city's administration; the county administration offices are elsewhere. It is also used for concerts and, during office hours, the public can enter to see the fine Connemara marble staircase.