88 Hereford Street
+64 3 366 5442
Hedged in amongst the modern-day buildings of inner city Christchurch, just a few minutes stroll from the Square, stands the well-maintained, wooden Shand's Emporium building. Built in 1860, this unassuming but enchanting building is typical of the simple wooden structures that were first erected in colonial Christchurch. At one time a solicitor's office, the green-painted Shand's Emporium now contains several shops, including a delightful antique shop. Interesting photographs of the building in the early days, adorn the staircase walls.