20 N. Plaza Blvd.
Chillicothe, OH 45601
Phone: (740) 775-3500
Fax: (740) 775-3588
20 N. Plaza Blvd., Chillicothe, OH, US, 45601
- Phone: (740) 775-3500
- Fax: (740) 775-3588
The ancient historic church, St. Philip's Episcopal Church was built in 1866. It is precisely located at 129 West Mound Street in Cicleville, Ohio. It is a stone building and finely exemplifies the Gothic and Tudor Revival styles of architecture. It welcomes individuals from all backgrounds, traditions and strata. It stands in the capacity of a house of prayer and the church management strives hard to work towards the spiritual and overall growth of all worshipers. The site is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Named Circleville because of the circular earthwork it was set on, this city was founded in 1810, and the first European settler who arrived here was Christopher Gist. The unusual layout consisted of a courthouse forming the epicenter of a number of concentric circles which served as streets. Later in 1837, the layout was changed to a conventional grid most cities are designed on. As of now, Circleville is known across the country for the annual Circleville Pumpkin Show which is also called The Greatest Free Show On Earth.