885 Chesterfield Highway
Cheraw, SC 29520
Phone: (843) 537-5625
Fax: (843) 537-4677
South Carolina's first State Park, this large park features a 332 acre lake that offers a variety of water recreational activities such as fishing and swimming. An 18 hole championship golf course designed by Tom Jackson is also located in the park, as well as a family campground and trails for hiking, biking, and horseback riding.
This beautiful historic building began as a Chancery Court plus served as the first telegraph office of Cheraw and the headquarters for the Confederate and Union quartermasters. An array of exhibits and artifacts that depict Cheraw's history is now located in the building with exhibits on display including items from the Confederate war and the Steamboat Era, as well as exhibits on the Cheraw Indians and Dizzy Gillespie.
Over 50 gorgeous Antebellum buildings, as well as numerous Victorian and Classical Revival homes, line the beautiful streets of this magnificent Historic District and Town Green.
The Old St. David's Episcopal Church and Cemetery is a historic structure built in 1770. Spread over an area of 8 acres (3.2 hectares), the congregation ceased to operate in 1916. The building was donated to the Chesterfield County Historic Preservation Commission and worship began taking place at another church building. However due to its rich past it was put up in the National Register of Historic Places in 1971.
A great example of federal architecture influenced by a vernacular cottage style, this cottage is the oldest building downtown and is the only known structure from John Hart's plantation. The house is completely furnished with period furniture and features an open house on the first Sunday of every month from February to December with costumed docents.
The Play Zone is an affordable, indoor playground and party place located in the Florence area. They specialize in kid's birthday parties. They have a ball pit and two towers with slides. The Play Zone provides hours of fun for children.
See where the Yankees camped among the Rebels at this house that was taken over by Sherman's Army during the Civil War and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The house is filled with period furnishings and offers Civil War reenactments and living history demonstrations on the first Sunday of every month from February through December.
The Thomas E. Hart House is located at Hartsville, South Carolina. This historic house was built in 1817 C.E and had a Early Republic and I-House styles of architecture. This 30 acre (12 hectare) property was added to the National Registrar of Historic Places on May 3, 1991.