1945 Southgate Parkway
Cambridge, OH 43725
Phone: (740) 439-3581
Fax: (740) 439-1824
Built in 1881, this Second Empire style structure is the most striking building in the neighborhood. The Guernsey County Courthouse has a beautiful carved sandstone facade with roofed towers and hip roofs. The central tower features a four-faced street clock. It was the first of its kind to be designed by Joseph W. Yost. The courthouse is well known for its Holiday Light Show when it is all decked up in colorful lights, displaying various animated light affects. This happens during the month of November till the first week of January.
Established in 1837 by the Ohio Quakers Yearly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends this private boarding and day school is nestled in Appalachian Mountains' foothills. Formerly called the Friends Boarding School, the Olney Friends School has students from different parts of the world with various cultural and religious background. This co-educational educational facility is spread across 350 acres (141.64 hectares) of pasture, mountainsides, woods and farms. It also has a small lake and creek in its property. The curriculum is more of a hands on training that also includes the natural resources of the region. Cultural events such as concerts and movie screenings bring the community and the school together regularly. The establishment was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 2009.
St. John's Lutheran Church is a historic church located at Zanesville, Ohio. The church was built in 1926 in Late Gothic Revival style architecture using bricks and stones and features a plain gable roof with turrets and a rose window. The church building was added to the list of National Register of Historic Places in 1982.
The St. James Episcopal Church is a Gothic Revival structure established in 1843. It was put up in the National Register of Historic Places in 1978 and continues to function till date. Masses and other religious ceremonies are routinely conducted at the church.
This Roman Catholic church, managed by the Dominican Friars, is located in the heart of Zanesville. Established in 1842. St. Thomas Aquinas Catholic Church features beautiful Gothic Revival architecture. Instead of a tapering steeple, a common characteristic of Gothic architecture, it features a square shaped tower, atop its entrance. It was added to the National Register of Historical Places in 1980.
Police Athletic Activities League, abbreviated as PAL, is a training facility that trains young enthusiasts in the fields of martial arts, boxing, wrestling and more. The facility has a number of programs and is known for the quality of athletic students they produce. Apart from being trained for a specific art or sport, the students are also trained in general fitness. Fitness manuals are strictly followed and every members is given a fitness chart to follow. The facility's youth also engage themselves in volunteer work in the community and organize events for Christmas, Halloween and other cultural gatherings. Do visit their website or contact them for details about training courses, events and more.