1817 3rd Avenue North
Birmingham, AL 35203
+1 205 252 2262
Built in 1927 as a Paramount Studio movie palace, this spectacular Spanish-Moorish edifice was restored in 1998. "The Showplace of the South" hosts live events as well as first-run and classic films. See the 1927 Mighty Wurlitzer pipe organ, "Big Bertha", rise dramatically from beneath the stage floor during affairs such as the annual Halloween showing of Phantom of the Opera
(the organist arrives carried in a coffin). The theater is within walking distance of the downtown business district.