2444 Maple Avenue
Burlington, NC 27215
Phone: (336) 229-5203
Fax: (336) 570-0529
The Burlington City Park is a popular park among the locals. The park is an ideal place to enjoy with your family or bunch of buddies. The park has an amusement space, picnic spots, tennis courts, aquatic facilities and natural streams.
This celebrated historic church is situated on Broad Street in Burlington, North Carolina. It was constructed in 1922, and depicts the Classical Revival style of architecture. A brilliant initiative of the church is its Sunday School, wherein classes are arranged for children across all ages to teach the lessons of the Bible. The Youth Ministry takes special steps towards creating avenues for fellowship, disciple, mission and worship. This church was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1984.
The May Memorial Library is a free library, accessible to one and all. It has a huge collection of books and manuscripts. The library conducts many programs and small events throughout the year.
Willowbrook Park is a beautiful park with lovely amenities for visitors. The park features a well marked trail for walking enthusiasts. The park is known to offer scenic views at sunset and attracts many visitors to witness the same.
The Alamance County Historical Museum is located in the extensive area of Oak Grove plantation. The Oak Grove has an area of 1693 acres (685.1328 hectares). The museum has been divided into three rooms with furnishings dating back to the 19th Century. You can find a number of potraits, fine- paintings on porcelain, first commercial textiles and classic furniture on display made by Thomas Day.
The Cedarock Park is located in Burlington in North Carolina. It spans an area of 414 acres (167.54 hectares) with recreational facilities like hiking trails, picnic tables, disc golf course and horse- riding. There is small dam with a water reservoir that can be used for fishing.
Cedarock Historical Farm is a park that showcases 19th Century history. The park contains two farm and other remnants from its historic past. The farm gets it name from the rocky protrusions and the cedar trees in the area.
The Alamance Battleground is the place where the Regulators, a group of rebellious backcountry farmers, fought the militia of led by royal Governor William Tryon. Although the Regulators were thwarted, the spirit of their resentments of unfair taxes and fees by the British Crown never wavered as well as similar strategies were formed when the Colonist fought against the British in the American Revolution. Historic structures like the John Allen House, which was originally built in 1780, still stands and furnished with all the trimmings from the period. Monuments and trails are scattered around and about the area as well.
The Springwood Park features a soccer field, a softball field as well as picnic shelters. The visitors are treated to lush greenery and walking enthusiasts can enjoy the well marked walking trails.
Operated by the city of Burlington with cooperation with Guilford County, Guilford-Mackintosh Marina sits on Lake Mackintosh in Guilford County. Although fishing, boating, rental boats and paddle boats are allowed, swimming as well as wading, or personal watercrafts are not allowed since the lake is Burlington's primary water reserve. There is also a 3-mile walk and bike trail to enjoy, as well as a volleyball court, horseshoe, and playground.
The Occaneechi Band of the Saponi Nation is a small Indian community settled in "Little Texas", Pleasant Grove Township, Alamance County, North Carolina. Up til half way through the 20th Century, much of the members had worked day wage labor jobs or jobs in nearby factories to help supplement the community's agricultural pursuits. Nowadays, the numbers have switched and most members work predominantly in offices, as craftsmen, or what few left factory jobs left. Currently, the OBSN is working on a project to have a Tribal Center built to bridge generations past with generations future.
West Grove Friends Spring Meeting House was built in 1907. Located in Snow Camp, this Quaker meeting house is a historic landmark in the neighborhood. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places on March 19, 1987.