213 Hwy 15-401 Bypass East
Bennettsville, SC 29512
Phone: (843) 479-1700
Fax: (843) 479-4190
The Old St. David's Episcopal Church and Cemetery is a historic structure built in 1770. Spread over an area of 8 acres (3.2 hectares), the congregation ceased to operate in 1916. The building was donated to the Chesterfield County Historic Preservation Commission and worship began taking place at another church building. However due to its rich past it was put up in the National Register of Historic Places in 1971.
Over 50 gorgeous Antebellum buildings, as well as numerous Victorian and Classical Revival homes, line the beautiful streets of this magnificent Historic District and Town Green.
This beautiful historic building began as a Chancery Court plus served as the first telegraph office of Cheraw and the headquarters for the Confederate and Union quartermasters. An array of exhibits and artifacts that depict Cheraw's history is now located in the building with exhibits on display including items from the Confederate war and the Steamboat Era, as well as exhibits on the Cheraw Indians and Dizzy Gillespie.
South Carolina's first State Park, this large park features a 332 acre lake that offers a variety of water recreational activities such as fishing and swimming. An 18 hole championship golf course designed by Tom Jackson is also located in the park, as well as a family campground and trails for hiking, biking, and horseback riding.
The home of J.W. Dillon, founder of Dillon County, and his family, this beautiful Victorian house is listed on the National Register of Historic Places and features numerous family and period pieces throughout the house. Five bedrooms are on the second floor of the house and an office, parlor, siting room, dining room, and attached kitchen are on the first floor.
First Baptist Church one of the most striking landmarks on Main Street in Darlington. It was constructed and established in the year 1912. This building is situated over three acres (1.2 hectares) of land. The Sunday School and the Wednesday night suppers are great highlights of this church. The building is a brilliant example of the Colonial Revival and Georgian Revival styles of architecture.