Quality Inn & Suites Evergreen Hotel
65 Whitten Road
Augusta, ME 04330
Phone: (207) 622-3776
Fax: (207) 622-3778
Lithgow Library is a renowned public library in Augusta, Maine that boasts of a collection of approximately 65,000 volumes of books and periodicals. The foundation for the building was laid down in 1894, however it was opened to the public in February 1896. The library is elegantly structured with the Romanesque Renaissance style of architecture. It comprises of gray Norridgewock granite that are engraved over the entrance and the windows. The stained-glass windows and grand fireplaces add up to the beauty of the building. Of great historical significance, it was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1974.
The South Parish Congregational Church and Parish House is an integral part of the Augusta region. Erected in 1865, it has adapted the Stick-Eastlake, Gothic Revival style of architectural design. Included in the U.S. National Register of Historic Places, it welcomes everyone with open arms.
Gardiner Railroad Station was built in 1911 and is a historic landmark located in Gardiner, Maine. This train station is an example of the Romanesque style of architecture. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places on October 29, 1982.
Established in 1820, Christ Episcopal Church traces its history back to 1771 when it was called St. Ann's, and is one of the oldest Episcopal churches in the state. The magnificent Gothic Revival building has been impeccably maintained, and has most of its original features intact. The church has an active congregation and is a primary place of worship in the city.
Located across the Bowdoin Street, the Bailey Public Library was founded in 1916. Named in the honor of its benefactor, Charles M. Bailey, it is a free public library. This historical library that was included in the U.S. National Register of Historic Places, features modern facilities like computers, Internet access and so forth. For more details, check website or call ahead.
The Oakland Public Library in Oakland is a great place for learning. Along with tradiitonal methods of reading and learning, they organize various programs like children's story time, reading club and several other educational activities including virtual and digital facilities. Built in 1915, in a Classical Revival style, it if featured on the National Register of Historic Places.
The St. Patrick's Catholic Church is a historic congregation built in 1807. Spread over an area of 5 acres (2.0 hectares), it shows a mix of Federal and Colonial styles of architecture. The beautiful church was designed by Nicholas and Codd and is considered to be the oldest surviving church in New England. The church still hosts masses and other religious services to bring the community closer and continue its legacy. For details about mass timings please connect with the church's website.
The famed Second Congregational United Church is a monumental church site. It is located in the Newcastle region in Maine. The historical church was built in 1848. It encompasses a land area of 0.5 acres (0.20 hectares). The church welcomes varied individuals without any discrimination and helps towards their distinct needs and spiritual growth. It is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
No matter who you are and where your from, the St. Andrews Church welcomes people of all ages and from all over to come and visit the church and join in the services. With the amazing events and worships organised here, the church welcomes one and all to gather as one big community and praise the Lord and share the joys and happiness together.
Located across King's Square, the Damariscotta Baptist Church was established in 1819. Included in the National Register of Historic Places in 1985, the church is still operational.
Congregational Church of Edgecomb is located on Cross Point Road in North Edgecomb, Maine. A landmark on the streetscape, it is a historic church that was built in 1877. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places on June 12, 1987.
Saint Mary's Regional Medical Center was a former orphanage back in 1888. Run by the Sisters of Charity of St. Hyacinthe, it featured a modest hospital of 30 beds. The present building was constructed in 1902 and is an example of the late Gothic style of architecture credited to its mention on the National Register of Historic Places. It boasts 233 beds and a department for emergency.