99 Quay Street
+64 9 979 7070
The Ferry Building, in Edwardian Baroque style, was first opened in 1912 on land reclaimed from the harbor. Construction is of sandstone and brick with a Coromandel granite base. In recent years it has been elegantly refurbished for retail, (restaurant Harbourside Seafood Bar & Grill
and Cin Cin on Quay
can be found here) and office use, but still maintains its original function as the terminal for ferries to the North Shore and the Hauraki Gulf islands.