George W. Johnson Park Carousel
201 Oak Hill Avenue
Endicott, NY 13760
Established in 1923, the George W. Johnson Park includes ball fields, a playground, swimming pools and a picnic spot. It is also one of the six carousel venues which received the George F. Johnson merry-go-rides. The historic Allan Herschell carousel was built in 1934 and housed in its original wooden pavilion are 36 jumping horses, standing three alongside with two chariots. Located in the center of Endicott, the George W. Johnson Park Carousel was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1992. Don't miss the carousel rides which are open to the public from Memorial Day through labor Day when in the city.