Harshaw Chapel and Cemetery
Murphy, NC 28906
A serene little brick church atop a hill overlooking the town of Murphy, the Harshaw Chapel was established in 1869. Built by Joshua Harshaw one of the most well-to-do residents of the community, the church was most likely established after the adjacent cemetery, as per the dates on some of its graves. Added to the U.S National Register of Historic Places in 1984, the Methodist Harshaw Chapel and Cemetery form one of the most important landmarks in the neighborhood even today.