3025 North Main Street
Anderson, SC 29621
Phone: (864) 226-6051
Fax: (864) 964-9145
The Clemson University Historic District comprises several important and heritage properties. Located in the sprawling campus of the Clemson University, this district is included in the National Register of Historic Places. Bowman Field, Holtzendorff Hall, Sikes Hall are few of the many historical buildings that are a part of the Clemson University Historic District.
Easley High School is one of Pickens County's largest and most prominent high schools. It is well-known for its sports facilities and has bagged numerous trophies in inter-school tournaments. It also encourages other talents besides athletics and has a media center, a health room and a naval training unit.
Built in 1893, Newry is a Census-designated place that spreads over 117 acres (47 hectares). It features a former textile mill, located in an agrarian setting in Little River Valley, and is surrounded by forest. This historic district consists of 118 plots which includes the mill office, village church, mill complex, and several Late Gothic Revival buildings.
Completed between 1849 and 1851 Old Pickens Presbyterian Church is the only surviving structure of the old town of Pickens Court House, a mid-nineteenth century town situated around modern-time Seneca. The church site also comprises of a cemetery. Visitors are allowed inside the church from April to October, every Sunday from 2.30p to 5p in October.
Located a few miles from the Greenville city center, First Southern Methodist Church plays a vital role in the community's spiritual growth. Their congregational services are Christ-oriented and an array of engaging programs and events are organized through the year.
Union Baptist Church is a local congregation in the south of the city of Greenville. It is dedicated to Christ-oriented worship and plays an active role in the spiritual growth of the community. In addition to traditional services, they organize an array of programs and events.
Though regular religious gatherings were held on this place since 1773, the present church was built in 1852 and has been a center for worship and other religious activities for the community. The Greenville Presbyterian Church is a bricked, Greek/Classical Revival style building and is rectangular in shape. The church features a Session House, a huge cemetery that dates back to the Revolutionary War era with stone cut markers and a natural spring. The church was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1998 and has played a significant role in the life of Scots-Irish pioneers who settled in the neighborhood during the mid 18th-century.
Established in 1951, Church of the Redeemer is an Episcopal Church in Greenville. It is a vibrant parish that belongs to the Diocese of Upper South Carolina. The church building features wooden furnishings, a contemporary crucifix at the beautiful altar and hand-embroidered cloth, and lush green memorial gardens. Services are Christ-oriented and members of the congregation can participate in ministries, Christian faith formation, community programs and events. The Purser Hall is an ideal facility for hosting private functions and gatherings.