3025 North Main Street
Anderson, SC 29621
Phone: (864) 226-6051
Fax: (864) 964-9145
Situated alongside the scenic 56,000 acre Lake Hartwell, this marina is the largest full service marina in South Carolina and includes a boat launch and restaurant. The marina is the ideal venue for afterwork cruises, weekend outings, or relaxing vacations.
Built on the site of the old courthouse after the district was divided, this landmark building is the centerpiece of historic Pendleton and is the oldest farmers' hall in continuous use in the nation.
A well-known landmark in the town of Belton, the Belton Standpipe has been a popular figure since 1907. A 155-foot (47-meter) structure located on O’Neal Street, this popular castle-like landmark was an international landmark for pilots flying in the southeast to help pinpoint their location. The standpipe's unique shape was built in a bid by the builders to secure more even distribution within the standpipe. The Belton Standpipe was listed in the National Register of Historic Places in 1987.
The oldest Episcopal church in the area and the second oldest in what is now the Diocese of Upper South Carolina, this historic white clapboard church features a Jaridine pipe organ that has filled the church with music since 1848. The Churchyard includes buried sites for several historically important people including a Polish countess and soldiers who died during the Civil War.
This magnificent plantation home is beautifully restored and furnished with many outstanding antiques and furnishings, including some items which belonged to families of the original owners.
This grandiose summer home sits along the aptly named History Lane in the town of Pendleton, about 15-minutes outside of Clemson University. It's a historic, four-story clapboard house fashioned in Neoclassical style. Charles Cotesworth Pinckney built the house around 1830, and though much of the original architectural foundations survive, it has undergone a number of ownership and structural changes since that time. The Pendleton Historic Foundation manages the property and the National Resister of Historic Places archived it in 1970. Don't forget to visit the sister house, Ashtabula on the other side of town for more history and architecture of the Antebellum south.
The region of Pendleton in Anderson County is most renowned for the Pendleton Historic District. The construction of the district was done mainly in the year 1789. It comprehensively encompasses a total land cover of 6,316 acres (2,556 hectares). Most of the structures prevalent in the district finely trace the Greek Revival style of architecture. The district has been registered on the National Register of Historic Places in the year 1970.
On the National Register of Historic Places and one of the largest districts in the nation, the Village Green is a lively business district of shops and restaurants and the site for many special events.
This local African American landmark began as a country store and is a great example of African American history in South Carolina. The building was built most with scrap materials, as was many structures built during that time.
A family owned and operated 120-acre farm in the Cheddar Community just outside of Belton, Callaham Orchards & Specialties allows visitors to pick their own produce, including peaches, nectarines, apples, plums, berries and muscadines. Play with farm animals and enjoy some home-churned ice cream during your visit. Pre-arranged special farm tours that include hayrides are available. The fruit season begins in June and ends in October.
Ashtabula is a historic home that is listed in the National Register of Historic Places. This plantation house that was built in the 19th Century, and is now available for private and group tours as well as private events. Public tours run from April to October, but private tours can be scheduled year-round.
Built by Revolutionary War hero Andrew Pickens, this Presbyterian church is one of the most interesting historical attractions in the Upstate and was the second structure built by the religious community. Although the church is no longer in service, there is a cemetery on site that contains numerous old tombstones including those of Pickens and his family.